We don’t collect information directly on subQuark.com (a secure site). And we don’t use Google Analytics because that’s not important—what matters is how you enjoy our games.
You’re not a demographic; you’re someone we’d like to play a game with. =)
We’re compliant with:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- PSD2 European payment regulations
Here's what’s collected, how it’s used, and what’s saved.
We store a 365-day cookie on your computer for this GDPR privacy notice.
We have third-party cookies for our online store, videos, and world map.
We use your info to get your order into your hands.
- Shopify.com sends us an email about your order—we read and delete it.
- We log in to Shopify to fulfill your order (if you pay via PayPal, your shipping address is there too).
- We can’t see or access your payment information.
- We create your shipping label in Stamps.com which sends a record to the United States Postal Service (USPS). We don’t save your shipping address.
- We hand your package to a United States Postal Service Clerk and USPS tracks it.
In a nutshell
- subQuark.com stores a cookie for this notice.
- Shopify.com stores cookies to create your shopping cart.
- If you make a purchase, Shopify.com collects shipping and billing info.
- We use Stamps.com to create your shipping label.
- USPS.com tracks your package.
- YouTube.com and Google.com store cookies for our videos and map.
For Kickstarters, you supply your address via a survey. We import spreadsheets from Kickstarter.com to package and ship rewards. This does not contain any of your billing information. We can't see or access any of your payment information. When all rewards are shipped, we shred the lists and delete the files from our computer.
We don’t use third-party pledge managers or fulfillment & shipping services to further safeguard your personal data.
- Data Subject: That’s you, here on this secure site.
- Data Controller: That’s us collecting orders, and displaying videos and a map.
- Data Processor: Shopify, PayPal, Stamps, USPS, YouTube, and Google.
Subject access request (SAR)
You can request your personal information that we store. We don’t store information longer than needed—typically 24 hours—so we probably don’t have any of your data.
To submit a SAR, please mail a written request with the following information:
- your name on your order,
- date of your purchase(s),
- what you purchased,
- your shipping address,
- email used for purchase(s)*, and
- email to return your requested information.
Mail your SAR to our Designated Protection Officer:
- David Miller, DPO
24 Sheffield Road
Portsmouth, NH 03801-4838
We’ll respond within 15 days of its receipt.
After emailing you our findings, we delete that email and shred your request.
*- If the email used for the purchase is different from the email to return your requested information, please provide a photocopy of a conventional and recognisable photo ID, such as a driver’s license, passport, or national identity card (German Personalausweis or US Real ID, for example).
We post breach information within 48 hours of its discovery. Since we don’t keep your email address, we post details here and make announcements on Twitter and Facebook. Data breaches include digital and physical records.
|Breach date||Nature of breach||Mitigation|
Happy Gaming and win often!