We store a 30-day cookie on your computer for this website's privacy notice and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance.
And we allow third-party cookies in order to sell games and display videos.
Our online shop is created with Shopify.com—a third-party e-commerce platform—that stores cookies on your computer to keep track of the games you've selected as you navigate from page-to-page.
If you purchase games from us, you enter your payment and shipping information which is collected by our Shopify.com account (and if you select to pay with PayPal, PayPal.com also stores cookies).
Here's how we use your information:
- We receive an email alerting us to your order—it contains your name and address (we delete this email once we read it).
- We log in to our secure Shopify account to see your order and shipping information (if you pay via PayPal, we can see the shipping address associated with your account after we log in to our secure PayPal account).
- We never see, and are unable to access, your payment information.
- We log in to our secure Stamps.com account and copy your address to our Stamps.com address book. When the shipping label is created, its record is automatically transmitted to the United States Postal Service (USPS). After we print your shipping label, we delete your address from the address book.
- We personally hand your package to a Postal Service Clerk at a United States Post Office where USPS.com tracks its progress.
We don't share your information with anyone else. We don't use your information for advertising or mailing lists. We only use it to get your games into your hands.
In a nutshell
- subQuark.com stores a cookie to display our privacy notice.
- Shopify.com stores cookies to create your shopping cart.
- Shopify.com collects shipping and billing info, if you make a purchase.
- We use Stamps.com to create your shipping label.
- USPS.com tracks your package.
- YouTube.com and Google.com store cookies for our videos.
For successful Kickstarters, your shipping information is collected via a one-time survey.
We import the Kickstarter survey information from our secure Kickstarter.com account to our shipping computer as Excel spreadsheets. These allow us to create the shipping labels for your rewards. Once all rewards are shipped, we shred the Excel paper lists and delete the files from our computer.
We don't use third-party pledge managers, in part, to safeguard your personal data. We also don't use third-party fulfillment & shipping services for the same reason.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) key definitions:
- Data Subject: That's you, here on this site.
- Data Controller: That's us collecting order info and displaying videos.
- Data Processor: Shopify.com, PayPal.com, Stamps.com, USPS.com, YouTube.com, and Google.com.
Our 2 Cents
We dropped the use of Google Analytics years ago because it's not the traffic hits that matter.
It's the word-of-mouth about how fun our games are that matter.
You're not a data subject, you're someone that we know we'd enjoy playing a game with.