We use your info to get your order into your hands. We don't use your information for advertising or mailing lists. We don't even use Google Analytics because that's not important—how you like our games is important.
You're not a demographic, you're someone we'd enjoy playing a game with.
Let's look at what we collect, how it's used, and what we save.
Cookies and your info
We store a 365-day cookie on your computer for this General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) privacy notice.
We allow third-party cookies for our online store, videos, and world map.
Here's how we use your information:
- We get an email about your order—it contains your name and address (we delete it after reading).
- We log in to Shopify to see your order and shipping address (if you pay via PayPal, your shipping address is also there).
- We never see, and are unable to access, your payment information.
- We log in to Stamps.com to create your shipping label which sends a record to the United States Postal Service (USPS). We don't save your shipping address.
- We hand your package to a Postal Service Clerk at a United States Post Office where USPS.com tracks its progress.
In a nutshell
- subQuark.com stores a cookie to display this notice.
- Shopify.com stores cookies to create your shopping cart.
- If you make a purchase, Shopify.com collects shipping and billing info.
- We use Stamps.com to create your shipping label.
- USPS.com tracks your package.
- YouTube.com and Google.com store cookies for our videos and map.
For Kickstarters, your shipping address is collected via a survey. We import that from Kickstarter.com as Excel spreadsheets to package rewards and create shipping labels. When all rewards are shipped, we shred the paper lists and delete the files from our computer.
We don't use third-party pledge managers, in part, to safeguard your personal data. We also don't use third-party fulfillment & shipping services.
- Data Subject: That's you, here on this site.
- Data Controller: That's us collecting orders, and displaying videos and a map.
- Data Processor: Shopify, PayPal, Stamps, USPS, YouTube, and Google.
Subject access request (SAR)
You can request the personal information that we store about you. We don't store information longer than needed—typically 24 hours—so we probably don't have any of your data.
To submit a SAR, please mail a written request with the following information:
- your name on your order,
- date of your purchase(s),
- what you purchased,
- your shipping address,
- email address used for purchase(s), and
- email address to return your requested information.
If the email used for purchase is different than the email to return your requested information, please provide a photocopy of a conventional and recognisable photo ID, such as a driver's license, passport, or national identity card (German Personalausweis or US Real ID, for example).
After emailing you our findings, we'll delete that email and shred your request.
Mail your SAR to our Designated Protection Officer:
- David Miller, DPO
24 Sheffield Road
Portsmouth, NH 03801-4838
We'll respond within 15 days of its receipt.
Data breaches include digital and physical records (such as mailing labels).
|Breach date||Nature of breach||Mitigation|
phew . . .
Happy Gaming and win often!